Holiday Gifts for Guys
Happy holidays! These holiday gifts for guys are practical, useful and touching. They will satisfy the man who has everything and the man who wants nothing.
Let's start out with the least expensive gift ideas and work our way up from there. Every item will have cheap, mid-priced and expensive items listed and linked––so, no matter your budget, you can find something special for your guy for the holidays.
A useful and thoughtful gift, especially for men who work outdoors or have outdoor hobbies.
Classic Menswear Guide
We've covered this one before. Menswear books are a great gift for style-conscious and style-semi-conscious men alike. Too, they serve as great ways for men to improve their dress while retaining their masculinity. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Indispensable Guide to Classic Men's Clothing by Josh Karlen. This pocket-sized book gets right to the point, telling you everything you need to know about dressing nicely. This is a great gift for a practical, no-nonsense type man. $9.95.
- Cary Grant: A Celebration of Style by Richard Torregrossa. Part memoir, part biography, this appreciation of the late, great Grant holds much interest for anyone with even a passing interest in him. $19.95.
- Men's Style: The Thinking Man's Guide to Dress by Russell Smith. As we wrote in our review, this book "is a good introduction to men's style, especially traditional and somewhat formal style. It shows you how clothes can make you feel sexy and cool. It shows you how to dress for different occasions. It's also a fun read." $23.95.
- 100 Years of Menswear by Cally Blackman. An engaging and comprehensive photobook. For sartorially-aware or sartorially-curious men only, since this book is essentially lots of pictures of men in various states of dress. $30.
- Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion by Alan Flusser. A walkthrough of the history of classic men's dress, from the turn of last century into the present day. Wonderful as a coffee table book or a style guide. Also, many pictures of average men in ravishing outfits, which will hopefully have $49.95.
Photo by SRELY&P.
A great gift for younger men, since older men probably have a lifetime's supply of cufflinks from the gift-givers of Christmas past. Elegant, understated and classy, this can add an edge to your man's wardrobe, or make him look that much better for special occasions.
A great gift for men (and women) of all ages, the bathrobe will provide a little bit of luxury to the morning routine.
Photo by Rainer Ersfeld.
Holiday gifts for guys tend to center on the same stereotyped ideas: ties, shirts, sports and alcohol-related items. This gift might not break out of the mold, but if the shoes are high-quality, pleasing to the eye and fit his size, this gift could keep on giving for years afterwards. Be sure to get a cut that he's likely to wear and that fit his lifestyle.
Top 10 Holiday Gifts
Cheap Stocking Stuffers
Books on Style
Please Kill Me: An Uncensored Oral History of Punk
Return to Enjoy Your Style's home page.
Search Enjoy Your Style: